Stockbridge GA
Occupational Tax/Business License

Occupational tax certificates must be renewed by December 31st of each year.

  • For a Federal ID# please call the Internal Revenue Service at 1 (800) 829-4477
  • For Sales Tax ID# please call the Georgia Department of Revenue at (404) 968-0480
  • Secretary of State - (404) 656-2881 or
  • Small Business Association -

Thank you for choosing the city of Stockbridge as your new home for your future business. Please DO NOT START YOUR BUSINESS until you have completed all steps necessary for your license(s). Many businesses will require several steps in this process, while others may not.

If you are operating a business within the city limits of Stockbridge, you are required to obtain an Occupational Tax Certificate. This also applies to Home Occupations. All applicants are required to pay a $60 administrative fee (non-refundable). All Occupational Tax Certificates are based on annual gross receipts with the exception of professionals.

Before you complete the following application, it is necessary to verify that your potential business location is in the City of Stockbridge which may be handled by contacting the City of Stockbridge Occupational Tax Office at 678-833-3302 or email for address verification and Henry County Planning and Zoning at 770-288-7526 for zoning verification.

Occupational Tax Certificates are renewed annually (January 1 to December 31). Renewal notices are mailed in September and returned to the City of Stockbridge on or before mid-October. Invoices are mailed in November and are due on or before January 1st (Alcohol licensed retailers are required to have their licenses renewed on or before December 31st in order to sell on January 1st). Failure to receive correspondence regarding renewal or bill does not relieve obligation to pay occupational tax, penalty and/or interest. A 10% penalty + 1.5% per month interest fee will apply if late.  

For convenience of our client’s, the City of Stockbridge now has fill-able forms through Seamless Docs. Please see the links below. The information may be mailed, faxed, or emailed to the Occupational Tax Office.


Commercially located businesses can download the application and instructions here

Home based businesses can download the application and instructions here

Paperwork should be submitted by applicant or representative in person, please do not mail or fax.


  1. Complete, sign and date application
  2. Photo ID (driver’s license) of the owner
  3. Proof of residence for the owner
  4. Signed copy of lease agreement or proof of ownership for building or home
  5. Copy of Certificate and Articles of Incorporation
  6. Copy of Certificate of Occupancy
  7. State/Federal license or registration- if required
  8. Food service permit- if required
  9. Approval from home owner’s association- if required 

All paperwork must be submitted before scheduling the fire and building inspections. Both inspections must be approved and a certificate of occupancy obtained before an occupational tax certificate will be issued. Information regarding the Fire Prevention Policy can be downloaded from this website. To contact the Henry County Building Department (commercial inspections) call 770-898-7472.


Persons applying for a Home Occupation Occupational Tax Certificate in an apartment complex must attach a letter of consent from the apartment manager on letterhead. Those renting from an individual must attach a notarized letter of consent from the property owner. 




      Occupational Tax Clerk

      Uneeda Smith-Sellers











      E-notify RSS Feeds Twitter Facebook 
      Stockbridge City Hall | 4640 North Henry Boulevard Stockbridge, GA 30281
      Phone: (770) 389-7900  |  Fax: (770) 389-7912
      Contact Us  |  Site Map   |  Powered by MunicipalCMS
      SeeClickFix Merle Manders Conference Center Stockbridge TV