Waste Collection Services
Rules & Guidelines
Garbage, recycling, bulk and yard waste collection services are provided by the City's exclusive franchise hauler, Waste Industries. The following services are included:
- Weekly Curbside Bulk Removal (by scheduled appointment each time needed)
- Weekly Curbside Bagged Yard Waste Removal (no scheduled appointment needed)
- Weekly Curbside Yard Waste Removal (by scheduled appointment each time needed)
- Bi-Weekly Curbside Recycling Services (65 gallon cart included) (must sign up for recycling service)
Curbside Garbage Collection Guidelines
- Carts must be placed at the curb no later than 6:00 am on your scheduled day of service.
- All garbage must be bagged and placed inside the container.
- Only the 95 gallon cart provided by Waste Industries will be serviced.
- Due to the use of an automated truck, please pay close attention to the cart placement guidelines below.
Curbside Bulk Collection Guidelines
- You must call Waste Industries at 770-474-9273 to be added to the Bulk collection schedule each week. This must occur no less than 24 hours before your scheduled day of service.
- Bulk items are described as any item that is too large to fit into the 95 gallon cart. This may include furniture, mattresses, appliances, etc. (Freon must be removed from appliances at tagged)
- Metal items may be included as part of bulk collection.
- No more than three (3) items will be removed during each weekly service at no additional charge.
Curbside Bagged Yard Waste Collection Guidelines
- Leaves and grass clippings must be bagged in paper or plastic and placed curbside no later than 6:00 a.m. on your scheduled day of service.
- Up to ten (10) bags will be removed weekly on your normal collection day and does not require a call to Waste Industries.
- 11 or more bags would be considered Bulk Service and this service does require calling Waste Industries to schedule a pickup with a 24 hour advance notice 770 474-9273
Curbside Yard Waste Collection Guidelines
- Call Waste Industries at 770-474-9273 to schedule Yard Waste (Yard Debris, Twigs, Limbs and Branches) collection when needed. This service is provided at no additional charge.
- Request for service must occur no less than 24 hours before your scheduled day of service.
- Yard waste must be placed at the curb no later than 6:00 am on your scheduled day of service.
- Twigs, limbs, and branches should be neatly piled for collection and shall not exceed four (4) feet in length. Limited to four (4) cubic yards per pick up (approximately the size of the bed of a standard pick-up truck).
- This service is provided at no additional charge up to four (4) cubic yards per pickup.
- Multiple week pickups can be scheduled; however, in the event your amount exceeds the four (4) cubic yard limit and you desire to have them collected in one pick-up, you must call Waste Industries to schedule a "special pick-up." There is a $150 fee for each "special pick-up."
Curbside Recycling Collection Guidelines
- Call Waste Industries at 770-474-9273 to sign up for curbside Recycling at no additional charge.
- One 65 gallon Recycling container will be provided by Waste Industries to those who sign up.
- Carts must be placed at the curb no later than 6:00am on your scheduled day of service.
- Recyclables should be placed directly into the recycling container. Bagging is not required.
- Only the 65 gallon cart provided by Waste Industries will be serviced.
Acceptable Recycling Materials:
- Cardboard Boxes
- Junk Mail & Magazines
- Phone Books
- Office Paper
- Plastic Milk Jugs
- Plastic Detergent Bottles
- Plastic Water & Soft Drink Bottles
- Aluminum & Tin Cans
- Plastic Jars (NO GLASS)
Do not place any items in the recycling container that do not meet the exact descriptions above. Items made of recyclable materials, that are not household type containers, are not acceptable like plastic toys or metal fixtures. When in doubt, leave it out.
Recycling will be collected on an every other week schedule. The calendar below illustrates an A week and B week schedule. Your recyclables will be collected on the same day as your garbage but on the every other B week schedule. A calendar is attached for your convenience. You may also access it on the City’s website.
Click here to print the Waste Industries schedule above.
Garbage and Recycling Cart Placement Guidelines
The container must be placed away from objects like mailboxes, telephone poles, and fire hydrants. If the container is too close to a fixed object, the automated mechanical arm may come in contact with the object, causing damage to the object and/or the truck.
Garbage, Recycling, Bulk and Yard Waste Collection Routes
Services will be provided Monday thru Friday by service zone. Refer to the link below to identify your service day.
Find my pick up day
Holiday Sanitation Schedule
During a holiday week, if your service day falls ON a holiday, you will be serviced the following day. Please refer to Waste Industries holiday schedule for an up to date holiday schedule.
Click here to print the 2017 Holiday Schedule
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question: Am I required to have service with Waste Industries?
Answer: Yes, by law all residents are required to have
garbage service. Each homeowner will be billed
by the City.
Question: What if I have more garbage than the container will hold?
Answer: If this happens on occasion, place the bags
outside the container and they will be collected.
If this occurs regularly, contact Waste Industries
to order a second cart or sign up for our FREE
Question: Can I continue to use and place garbage in my
personally owned containers?
Answer: No, Waste Industries will only service the 95 gallon
cart provided by the City.
Question: How can I get rid of my personally owned
Answer: Call Waste Industries to schedule them to be
removed as a Bulk Collection item.
Question: What if no one in my home is physically capable of rolling
the cart to the curb?
Answer: Call the Stockbridge Public Works Department and
ask to be certified as a Qualified Disabled Resident
to receive backdoor service.
Question: Will Waste Industries pick up construction materials
during Bulk Collection service?
Answer: No, all construction and landscaping contractors, or
any other type of contractor that generates waste is
required to provide their own method of removal.
Landscape materials generated by the home owner
are acceptable. Construction materials, regardless
of the generator, are never acceptable.
Or call Waste Industries at:
To view the rules and Guidelines Flyer, click here.