Waste Collection Services
Rules & Guidelines
On May 1, 2016 all garbage, recycling, bulk and yard waste collection services will be provided by our new exclusive franchise hauler, Waste Industries. The following services are now included:
- Weekly Curbside Garbage Collection (95 gallon cart included)
- Weekly Curbside Bulk Removal (by scheduled appointment each time needed)
- Weekly Curbside Yard Waste Removal (by scheduled appointment each time needed)
- Bi-Weekly Curbside Recycling Services (65 gallon cart included) (must sign up for recycling service)
Curbside Garbage Collection Guidelines
- Carts must be placed at the curb no later than 6:00am on your scheduled day of service.
- All garbage must be bagged and placed inside the container.
- Only the 95 gallon cart provided by Waste Industries will be serviced.
- One Waste Industries container will be delivered between April 18th and April 29th. Included with the delivery of the container will be a list of rules & regulations along with your new service day for collection.
- Due to the use of an automated truck please pay close attention to the cart placement guidelines below.
Curbside Bulk Collection Guidelines
- The front of the container is where the lid opens. The wheels are on the rear of the container. The front of the container should face the street and the rear of the container should face your home.
- The container must be placed away from objects like mail boxes, telephone poles, and fire hydrants. If the container is too close to a fixed object the automated mechanical arm may come in contact with the object causing damage to the object and the truck.
- You must call Waste Industries at 770-474-9273 to be added to the Bulk collection schedule each week. This must occur no less than 24 hours before your scheduled day of service.
- Bulk items are described as any item that is too large to fit into the 95 gallon cart. This may include furniture, mattresses, appliances, etc. (Freon must be removed from appliances at tagged)
- Metal items may be included as part of bulk collection.
- No more than three (3) items per day will be removed during each weekly service.
Curbside Yard Waste Collection Guidelines
- Call Waste Industries at 770-474-9273 to schedule Yard Waste (Yard Debris, Twigs, Limbs and Branches) collection when needed. This service is provided at no additional charge.
- Request for service must occur no less than 24 hours before your scheduled day of service.
- Yard debris must be bagged (paper or plastic) and placed to the curb no later than 6:00am on your scheduled day of service.
- Twigs, limbs, and branches should be neatly piled for collection and shall not exceed four (4) feet in length. Limited to four (4) cubic yards per pick up (approximately the size of the bed of a standard pick-up truck).
- Twigs, limbs, and branches should be placed to the curb no later than 6:00am on your scheduled day of service.
Curbside Recycling Collection Guidelines
Garbage, Recycling, Bulk and Yard Waste Collection Routes
Services will be provided Monday thru Friday by service zone. Refer to the link below to identify your service day.
Find my pick up day
Holiday Sanitation Schedule
During a holiday week, if your service day falls ON a holiday, you will be serviced the following day. Please refer to Waste Industries holiday schedule for an up to date holiday schedule.
Waste Industries Holiday Schedule
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day - OPEN, All services are normal
Good Friday - OPEN, All services are normal
Memorial Day - Office Closed Monday, 5/30. All service days delayed by one day all week.
Independence Day - Office Closed Monday, 7/4. All service days delayed by one day all week.
Labor Day - Office Closed: Monday, 9/5. All service days delayed by one day all week.
Thanksgiving Day - Office Closed Thursday, 11/24. Thursday and Friday Services delayed by one day.
Christmas Day - CLOSED: All collection is normal for all customers due to this holiday falling on a Sunday.
New Years Day - CLOSED: All collection is normal for all customers due to this holiday falling on a Sunday.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question: What if I have not received my garbage or recycling
container by May 1, 2016?
Answer: Call Waste Industries to complete delivery.
Question: Am I required to have service with Waste Industries?
Answer: Yes, by law all residents are required to have
garbage service. Each homeowner will be billed
by the City.
Question: What if I have more garbage than the container will hold?
Answer: If this happens on occasion, place the bags
outside the container and they will be collected.
If this occurs regularly, contact Waste Industries
to order a second cart or sign up for our FREE
Question: Can I continue to use and place garbage in my
personally owned containers?
Answer: No, Waste Industries will only service the 95 gallon
cart provided by the City.
Question: How can I get rid of my personally owned
Answer: Call Waste Industries to schedule them to be
removed as a Bulk Collection item.
Question: What if no one in my home is physically capable of rolling
the cart to the curb?
Answer: Call the Stockbridge Public Works Department and
ask to be certified as a Qualified Disabled Resident
to receive backdoor service.
Question: Will Waste Industries pick up construction materials
during Bulk Collection service?
Answer: No, all construction and landscaping contractors, or
any other type of contractor that generates waste is
required to provide their own method of removal.
Landscape materials generated by the home owner
are acceptable. Construction materials, regardless
of the generator, are never acceptable.
Or call Waste Industries at:
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE CHANGES THAT BEGIN MAY 1, 2016, CLICK HERE.
Residential $12.00/Month - Residential
sanitation fees are billed on property owner's Henry County tax bill