City of Stockbridge Internship Program
The City of Stockbridge is pleased to provide Georgia students the opportunity to intern through the City’s internship program. This program provides practical work experience that complements academic experience.
Opportunities within this program will allow the students to work in one of 6 functional areas. They include the following:
- Human Resources
- Merle Manders Conference Center/Event Services
- Public Works
The learning experience affords the students a view of the inner workings of city government. Each intern will have a variety of responsibilities in which he or she will have assigned projects that relate to his or her field of study. Interns also have the opportunity to participate in some activities depending on the department assigned.
Fall and spring internships can be up to 16 weeks and the summer internship can be up to 8 weeks. Internship dates coincide with the college or university academic calendar.
- Internships are approved on a semester basis.
- Typical work hours per week (20) for part-time and (40) for full-time.
- Location is in Stockbridge.
- Internships can be paid or unpaid at the Federal Minimum Wage.
To be considered for the City of Stockbridge Intern Program, interns must meet the following qualifications:
- Resident of Georgia with current enrollment in a Georgia college or university, or
- Non-resident of Georgia with current enrollment attending a Georgia college or university.
- United States citizen or authorized to work in the United States.
- Current earned grade point average of 2.5 or better
- Current enrollment as a junior or senior, or enrolled in graduate school
Important Dates and Deadlines:
Interested students should submit a letter of interest with a copy of an unofficial transcript and return by the following deadlines. These dates may vary based on student’s academic schedule and dates required for internship:
Term Letter of Interest Internship Start Date
Spring 2015 March 1, 2015 March 16, 2015
Summer 2015 May 25, 2015 June 1, 2015
Fall 2015 September 7, 2015 October 5, 2015
Internship Packet must include:
- Two functional areas and indicate first choice or second choice in letter.
- Letter should include your academic discipline and your objectives for this internship.
- Current resume
- Letter of recommendation from Advisor or Professor
Internship Packet can be faxed to 770-626-4237 or mailed to City of Stockbridge, 4640 N. Henry Blvd., Stockbridge, GA. 30281, Attention: Human Resources. If you have any questions regarding an internship with the City of Stockbridge please send an email to email@example.com.