This position is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services, including processing and monitoring payments and expenditures, providing these services in an effective and efficient manner to ensure that municipal finances are accurate and up to date, and that vendors and suppliers are paid within established time limits. Major duties include:
- Processes accounts payable using a computer-based accounting system;
- Prepares invoices for payment, generates payments and obtains signature approval of expenditures;
- Communicates with the public, outside vendors and contractors to answer general questions and resolve particular issues regarding invoices and payments;
- Maintains project expenditure tracking system using spreadsheet and database software; updates database of financial records as needed to ensure completeness and accuracy;
- Perform records management duties, including sorting, filing, indexing, purging, scanning, research, and retrieval of documents in paper and digital form;
- Performs other duties as assigned.