Qualifying information for the November municipal election:
The City of Stockbridge will hold an election Tuesday, November 3rd for the purpose of electing three (3) City Council members for four-year terms each.
Persons wishing to qualify for this election, may obtain a qualification packet fromh the City Clerk at Stockbridge City Hall, 4640 North Henry Boulevard, Stockbridge, GA 30281, between 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. or 2:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. beginning Monday, August 31, 2015 through Friday, September 4, 2015 (Georgia Election Code 21-2-132).
The qualifying fee is $252 for City Council members, which is three percent (3%) of the total gross salary of the preceding year (Georgia Election Code 21-2-131).
City of Stockbridge Charter Requirements (Article II)
- Candidate must be a resident of the City of Stockbridge for a continuous period of at least 12 months immediately prior to the date of the election;
- Candidate must continue to reside in the City of Stockbridge during their period of service;
- Candidate must continue to be registered and qualified to vote in the municipal elections for the City of Stockbridge.
Constitution of the State of Georgia Requirements (Article II, Section II, Paragraph II & III)
- Citizen of the United States;
- At least 18 years of age by Election Day;
- Registered voter in the City of Stockbridge, Georgia;
- No person who has been convicted of a felony involving moral turpitude may register, remain registered, or vote except upon completion of sentence.
Statutory Qualifications (O.C.G.A. § 45-2-1)
- In order to hold any civil office a person must be a citizen of this state and at least 21 years of age;
- Not be the holder of any public money due this state or any county who has refused to account for and pay over the same to the proper officer;
- Have not been convicted of a felony offense involving moral turpitude under the laws of this or any other state unless restored to his rights of citizenship by a pardon from the State Board of Pardons and Paroles;
- Not hold any office of profit or trust under the government of the United States other than that of postmaster & officers & enlisted men of Armed Forces Reserve (see code section);
- Not be of unsound mind or unfit to discharge the duties of the office from advanced age or bodily infirmity;
- Be an inhabitant of the state, county, district, or circuit for the period required by the Constitution and laws of this state.
Voting will take place on Tuesday, November 3rd from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m at your designated voter precinct. Any person who is a resident of the City of Stockbridge and who is registered with Henry County Board of Registrations and Elections as an elector within the City of Stockbridge at least thirty (30) days prior to this election, shall be eligible to vote in this election. The last day for voter registration in the 2015 Municipal General Election and, if necessary, Runoff Election is Monday, October 5, 2015. The City Council candidates receiving a plurality of the votes cast shall be elected.
Voter Registration forms are available at Stockbridge City Hall, through the Henry County Board of Elections and Registration, or through the Georgia Secretary of State. You can also pick up a form at your public library, Tag Office, or when you get your driver’s license.
It is important to check your registration status if you have not voted within the last 5 years. To verify your voter registration status go to:
To Register to vote:
Absentee Ballot Voting begins Monday, October 14th. Applications may be made by mail, fax or in person to: Henry County Board of Elections and Registration, 345 Phillips Drive, McDonough, GA 30253, Telephone: (770) 288-6448, Fax: (770) 288-6468. To request an absentee ballot go to: