Main Street Manager & Assistant
The Stockbridge Main Street Program develops and executes a cooperative and comprehensive Main Street Revitalization Plan for Downtown District based on the National Main Street Program Four-Point Approach: Organization, Promotion, Economic Restructuring, and Design. This position is also responsible for managing the Main Street Program budget as well as the Main Street Advisory Board.
The Main Street Manager’s Major Duties Include:
- Developing and implementing strategies to attract businesses to the downtown district;
- Insuring compliance of local Main Street Program with the Georgia Department of Community Affairs Office of Downtown Development Standards;
- Managing the Main Street Advisory Board and all related administrative functions such as budget development and accounting, as well as preparing reports when necessary;
- Coordinating all Main Street Program activities;
- Recruiting volunteers to assist with implementing Four Point Main Street Strategy;
- Implementing marketing strategies that will encourage business development and retain existing businesses;
- Assisting property owners with physical improvement projects through personal consultation or by obtaining professional design assistance (through Georgia Trust);
- Preparing reports, expenditures, purchasing, record keeping and inventory management;
- Meeting with prospective clients to convey City’s economic development practices and principles;
- Building strong relationships with local businesses and local associations;
- Composing marketing materials for promoting the Downtown District; develop and create event brochures, guides, flyers, posters, etc.
- Engaging small business owners and community organizations in economic development activities;
- Maintaining and updating an inventory of available properties and buildings in the downtown area; and
- Maintaining a current knowledge of both National and State Main Street Program principles and goals.
Main Street Program Assistant
The Main Street Program Assistant assists in the day-to-day operations of the Stockbridge Main Street Program. This position is partially responsible for coordinating Main Street communications and ensuring that the Main Street website, social media, and other communication vehicles meet the needs of the Main Street Program and its visitors. The position is also responsible for program and event administration, ensuring that the program meets its programmatic goals and fulfills its stated mission of “designing an identifiable downtown historic district that
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- General office administration, including but not limited to:
Providing administrative/clerical support to the Main Street Manager
Providing administrative and clerical support to the Main Street Advisory Board as directed by the Main Street Manager
Answering Main Street office telephones
Receiving visitors to the Main Street Program Office
Responding to email and telephone queries
Operating office equipment (i.e. computer, copier, printer, etc.)
General record keeping, filing and office organization
Maintaining Main Street calendars for appointments, meetings, engagements, etc.
Maintaining office tidiness and organization
- Assistance with the maintenance and implementation of all Main Street communications, including but not limited to, website, Facebook, and other social media, as directed by the Main Street Manager
- Assistance with the planning, coordination, and/or implementation of Main Street projects and special events (will require occasional after hours and weekend work)
- Assistance with regular communication/interaction with City staff, the Main Street Advisory Board, local business/property owners, downtown stakeholders, and community volunteers